Full range of dental treatments from Butterfield Dental Surgery, now based in Walkinstown – serving Rathfarnham, Churchtown, Dundrum and more
Whether you want us to diagnose and treat your dental needs or you might know exactly what you want, your care comes first. Whatever you need, you’ll get only the highest quality service from Butterfield Dental, now based at Walkinstown Dental Surgery, your full service general practice dentist. Below, you’ll see a list of the services we provide.
Full range of treatments from an established dental surgery
- Implants – If you have lost one or more of your teeth, it can be very uncomfortable. These teeth may have been missing for years, or you might even be struggling with uncomfortable, loose and unattractive dentures. We use only the most proven dental techniques and innovations and now we can replace your missing teeth permanently with an implant. The implant will replace your lost tooth and is firmly anchored in your jaw. Your tooth will look perfectly natural and will give you so much more comfort.
- Bridge – you may need a bridge fitted if you are missing teeth even if there are still stable teeth either side of a gap. Your options include acrylic dentures, nylon or valplast denture, chrome denture, adhesive bridge, fixed conventional bridge and dental implants. After your examination, we’ll advise on the best solution for you and discuss all options with you.
- Fillings – it’s one of the most important and is often seen as the simplest dental procedure. At Butterfield Dental Surgery, you get the best results as we use only state-of-the-art materials and techniques.
- Crowns – you may need a crown if your tooth has broken off or you want to improve its appearance. Our first task will be to trim down the tooth to get it ready to take the crown. After that, over the course of one or sometimes two visits, your crown is fitted.
- Veneer – you may need a veneer if one of your teeth has been chipped or a corner has broken off. A veneer is a very thin layer of porcelain (about the thickness of a fingernail) that is affixed to the front of the affected tooth and is designed to enhance your smile.
- Extraction – this may be required if one of your teeth has gone past the point of repair. We’ll x-ray the area and offer you the best advice on your extraction. Importantly, we’ll advise you on everyday life for the days after your extraction.
- Orthodontics –braces for adults and children have developed substantially in recent years. At Butterfield Dental Surgery, we’ll ensure to fit only the best-fitting, light orthodontics for you or your family member.
- 3D images and pre-implant screening – this specific service accurately shows the patient’s anatomy, evaluates bone volume and quality and can identify and mark anatomical obstacles (mandibular canal, sinus).